Are you passionate about visual storytelling?
Does bringing stories to life excite you?
Do you want to bring your artistic talents and passion to the progressive movement?
The Multimedia Designer is part of our Communications Hub program: an invaluable team of storytellers and trainers.
WHAT IS THE COMMUNICATIONS HUB?
The Communications Hub is a statewide program housed at Fuse Washington, the largest progressive organization in Washington State. We act as a communications “toolshed” for the progressive movement – working with progressive campaigns and organizations to tell powerful and unifying stories about their work. We do this by providing communications support, storytelling training and coaching, and direct staffing capacity to high priority advocacy and electoral campaigns. We cover a range of progressive issues, but our top priorities are democracy reform, voting access, climate justice, progressive tax reform, and economic justice.
The Communications Hub is looking for a multimedia designer to help diversify our communications tactics and turn great ideas into stunning content for digital and traditional media platforms. The designer should be a self-starter, willing to ask questions, thrive in a collaborative environment, and be driven by their creativity and instincts. Any applicants will need to be adept at managing their own time and workload and juggling multiple projects at any given time.
This full-time position is located in Seattle and will report to the Communications Hub Director.
- Work closely with multiple teams within Fuse and with key partners to conceptualize and execute creative digital content
- Conceptualize and produce digital content for electoral and advocacy campaigns, including videos, social media ads and graphics, web ads, website banners and images, email graphics, and more
- Design and produce printed materials including brochures, posters, stickers, pamphlets, mailers, signage, and more
- Proficient in industry standard design tools such as Adobe CC (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat). Basic knowledge of Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro and others alike is a bonus
- Understands the processes for designing print and digital media
- Experienced in creating digital marketing components to be used for various channels such as social media, the full range of online advertising, email, etc.
- Expert understanding of scalable asset creation, design & video trends, online marketing, image manipulation, and branding
- Passion for creative excellence, branding, and visual communications
- Able to work on multiple projects at once, and consistently meet draft deadlines
- Comfortable with a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative work environment that can include tight timelines
- Must have a portfolio
- Basic Knowledge of using WordPress or WIX is helpful
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a resume, cover letter, and 3 portfolio samples to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Multimedia Designer”. The cover letter should detail how robust digital strategies can benefit the progressive movement, and why you want to work at the Communications Hub at Fuse. We will consider applications as they arrive with priority given to applications received by Friday, May 1, 2020.
This full-time position is located in Seattle, with a starting date as soon as possible. Flexible hours. Creative work environment.
The salary range for this position is $55,000-$65,000 DOE.
Fuse provides excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, retirement package with a 3% employer match, ORCA transit pass, generous vacation time, and a flexible work environment with opportunities for professional development. Fuse has a strong team environment with great coworkers and a vibrant organizational culture.
Send all questions regarding this position to Reiny Cohen at email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, gender nonconforming, or intersex are encouraged to apply.