Win/Win Action: Political Director
We are looking for a talented and dynamic systems thinker to fill this new position on our growing team. The Political Director will work closely with the Program Director, and our partners and allies to create a long-term path to increased political and civic engagement power among the New American Majority (NAM - people of color, young people, women, and low-income individuals) - through electoral and community organizing campaigns. This position is focused on high level coordination and aligned strategy among a broad spectrum of groups at the local and state level to create a holistic plan related to ballot initiatives, sequencing of campaigns, deep organizing in swing legislative districts, as well as learning cutting edge tools and best practices for voter and member organizing.
- Build and sustain relationships with our network partners and allies to develop understanding of their programs and the core communities they serve, including diverse memberships, communities of color, young people, and low-income individuals;
- Develop a landscape analysis of key geographies and drive a strategic, long-term campaign plan that integrates community engagement and base-building over multiple electoral cycles in those areas;
- Support campaign coordination by tracking organizational programs and identifying gaps and intersections around shared goals and efficiencies;
- Research and integrate new, cutting edge campaign tools, research, and best practice;
- Work with partner organizations using the voter file and other technologies to support and enhance voter contact programs;
- Organize and facilitate partner meetings, events, trainings, and direct voter contact activities.
Win/Win is a collaborative environment and all staff are expected to provide leadership and proactive learning to advance our mission, vision, and core strategies, including our ongoing commitment to use an anti-racist lens throughout all of our work. Each staff plays a unique role in understanding our network partners’ programs and trends impacting the communities they serve. We are intentional about fostering a culture of trust, collaboration, and shared leadership to achieve our network goals and we each act as champions for the Win/Win Network and our partners.
Experience & Skills
- 5+ years of experience in civic engagement, campaigns and/or issue advocacy that includes grassroots community organizing and approaches to power-building in and outside of an electoral context;
- Demonstrated experience facilitating coalitions and working with a diverse set of stakeholders towards common goals and a cohesive political strategy;
- Systems thinking with ability to synthesize information and communicate effectively;
- Knowledge of the political and progressive landscape in WA;
- Familiarity with campaign and member organizing tools including use of VAN, in-person and online strategies;
- Experience managing and working with staff, consultants and boards in a collaborative environment;
- Diplomatic, mature approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively;
- Passion, energy, and drive for the Win/Win mission and strengthening the capacity of our network partners;
- A track record of advancing racial equity outcomes and ability to work effectively with communities of color in political settings.
100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Orca card transit pass, simple IRA with scaled employer match, paid vacation, sick time and 10 paid holidays.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 17, 2017 and include “Political Director” in the subject line. If you have specific questions before applying, please contact email@example.com