Win/Win Action: Data and Targeting Lead
We are looking for a dynamic and talented individual to join our team. The Data and Targeting Lead works closely with program staff and partners to provide ongoing support with a statewide voter file, and member engagement tools that help advance the missions of our network partners and allies. This person will interface regularly with partner organizations and use available data to make strategic recommendations that inform collaborative plans and will serve as a mentor on best practices related to the voter file and engagement tools.
Database Management & Partner Support (75%)
- Lead administrator for all aspects of c3 and c4 voter activation network (VAN), including user and security settings; technical assistance; and monitoring use of the system to ensure compliance with state and national policies;
- Enhance our movement’s capacity to use data by training network partners and campaigns on VAN and provide ongoing support to integrate civic engagement tools and best practices for voter file use, volunteer management, phone banking, canvassing, and member engagement;
- Update and maintain our technology library of Chromebooks, iPods, and other tools;
- Establish best practices for data collection, data acquisition and preservation with partner organizations and Win/Win staff;
Research & Analysis (25%)
- Produce relevant reports, such as election analyses, demographic trends, or field analyses to help staff and partners chart their impact and inform civic engagement and campaign decisions;
- Identify opportunities to conduct tests and experiments and assist in facilitating and executing experiments with network partners;
- Use voter data models and other information to develop targeting strategy and analysis for voter engagement, advocacy and political campaigns, activist mobilization and other organizing efforts.
Win/Win is a collaborative environment and all staff are expected to provide leadership and proactive learning to advance our mission, vision, and core strategies, including our ongoing commitment to use an anti-racist lens throughout all of our work. Each staff plays a unique role in understanding our network partners’ programs and trends impacting the communities they serve. We are intentional about fostering a culture of trust, collaboration, and shared leadership to achieve our network goals and we each act as champions for the Win/Win Network and our partners.
Experience & Skills
- Strong VAN (Voter Activation Network) and Excel skills required;
- Familiarity with mapping and/or visualization software such as GIS, Tableau, Python, Ruby, and/or SQL is a plus;
- Strong critical thinking and data analyses skills, particularly related to census and voter data;
- Ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences;
- Experience managing and working with staff, consultants and boards in a collaborative environment;
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem solving and the ability to think independently and creatively;
- 3+ years’ experience in civic engagement, campaigns and/or issue advocacy;
- Passion, energy, and drive for the Win/Win mission and strengthening the capacity of our network partners;
- A track record of advancing racial equity outcomes and ability to work effectively with communities of color in political settings.
- Ability to work well under pressure, be detail oriented and meet deadlines.
100% employer-paid medical, dental, vision, Orca card transit pass, simple IRA with employer match, paid vacation, sick time and 10 paid holidays.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
HOW TO APPLY
Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 17th and include “Data & Targeting Lead” in the subject line. If you have specific questions before applying, please contact email@example.com