Washington Won't Discriminate: Finance Director
IMMEDIATE CAMPAIGN POSITION OPENING
Washington Won’t Discriminate, No on I-1552
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Midnight, Sunday, April 16, 2017
Washington Won’t Discriminate, a cutting edge electoral campaign in 2017, is seeking a Finance Director to join our team and raise the resources needed to protect our state’s anti-discrimination laws. This campaign will be the first statewide ballot measure on protecting transgender people from discrimination, presenting a unique set of challenges and opportunities.
The campaign is looking for a hardworking, passionate and experienced individual excited to implement an aggressive fundraising strategy. Candidates should possess significant relationship building, interpersonal, and communication skills.
Ideal candidates will have experience working on a statewide or competitive electoral campaign or a similarly complex and large project involving multiple simultaneous goals. In addition, ideal candidates should show an extensive knowledge of trans issues and racial justice.
The Finance Director will report to the General Consultant and Finance Consultant, and will work closely with the campaign’s Finance Committee. The coalition’s members includes transgender equality, civil rights, racial equity, labor, business, public safety, children’s advocacy and many other groups.
• Oversee and coordinate all aspects of the short term and long term finance plan, including call time with multiple surrogates, a robust house party schedule, major fundraising events, and corporate giving
• Work with finance consultants to maintain and modify the finance plan as needed
• Build and manage a strong, robust, representative and effective finance staff, interns, and volunteers.
• Support and work closely with the campaign Finance Committee and Finance Chairs.
• Provide regular, comprehensive fundraising reports to Finance Consultant, General Consultant, and Finance Committee.
• 3+ years of campaign fundraising experience; previous experience working on statewide, federal, or competitive electoral campaigns strongly preferred.
• Knowledge of NGP software
• Attention to detail and strong follow-through and self-direction on assignments.
• Ability to manage major projects and events.
• Knowledge of the domestic trans rights field and LGBT rights in general, including the core issues involved in this campaign.
• A demonstrated ability to think and work intersectionally, particularly with regards to
racial justice, economic justice, and gender justice.
• Ability to organize fundraising with a range of groups, including but not limited to progressive, civil rights, and social justice organization, major corporations, labor unions, and small businesses.
Starting salary will range from $4,000 to $6,000 per month based on experience. Significant evening and weekend work time and statewide travel will be required. Washington Won’t Discriminate is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse work environment. WWD does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, sex, gender identity or gender expression, religion, marital status, veteran’s status, national origin, disability, sexual orientation. People of color, people with disabilities, and LGBTQ members are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com no later than midnight 4/16/17.