Washington State Democrats: Development Coordinator
Washington State Democratic Central Committee
The Development Coordinator will work closely with the Development Manager in implementing an annual fundraising plan and assisting in managing official events and meetings. S/he should be skilled in managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously while maintaining a sharp focus on details.
The Development Coordinator will report to the State Party Executive Director and Development Manager, and work with the entire Party team. Salary is $36,000/year, with health care, vision and dental coverage.
The Development Coordinator will assist in supporting fundraising operations and donor relations, including leading the operations for three yearly statewide meetings, regular fundraisers, regular donor appreciation events and our monthly giving program, The Resistance, as well as helping to implement the yearly fundraising plan.
- Managing the monthly giving program, The Resistance, including direct donor contact and tracking, as well as developing longer-term strategies to grow the program.
- Working with staff, consultants and vendors on an aggressive fundraising strategy, including assisting the Development Manager and consultants in implementing an annual fundraising calendar, including direct mail, email, events, and other targeted fundraising campaigns.
- Coordinating event logistics in both the short and long-term.
- Recruiting and working with volunteers and interns in order to effectively execute events and aspects of The Resistance, including but not limited to the recruitment and management of community liaisons.
- Maintaining donor and prospect lists and coordinating donor communications.
- Tracking of smaller donor recurring members and stakeholders and highlighting key trends.
- Handling the acquisition and distribution of State Party and program-specific merchandise.
- Acting as point of contact for local party leaders and members at events.
- Developing and conducting fundraising training for local party leaders and members.
- 1-2 years of experience in a fundraising role, preferably in a political environment.
- Excellent data and analytical skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Ability to communicate clearly and proactively both internally and with external partners and vendors.
- A passion for social justice and a commitment to Democratic Party values.
- A friendly and professional member-first demeanor.
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently.
- Proficiency in MS Office, including Microsoft Word and Excel, experience in NGP-VAN and ActBlue; online event registration software; and experience in basic graphic design software, such as Adobe Photoshop or Illustrator.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced office environment.
- Superior organization skills and dedication to completing projects in a timely manner.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Spanish proficiency preferred, but not required.
The Washington State Democratic Central Committee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.
Recruitment for this position will remain open until June 17, 2017. To apply please send your resume to email@example.com, along with a brief description of what interests you about the position. Consideration will be given to all qualified applicants who submit their resume by the time recruitment closes.