Washington State Democratic Party: Organizers
The Washington State Democratic Party is hiring Organizers:
The Washington State Democratic Party is working to develop the State’s biggest army of grassroots volunteers to organize and win elections. We are committed to recruiting and supporting Democrats to run in every race in every place in our state, to build the long-term resistance to Trump and the GOP agenda, and move our State towards a brighter future. We are hiring hard-working, independent, motivated individuals with strong social skills to join our campaign as a Field Organizer. Field Organizers who meet and exceed expectations this year will be considered for field leadership roles during the coordinated campaign in 2018.
The Field Organizer will work closely with the Director of Strategic Campaigns in implementing an annual organizing plan. S/he should be skilled in managing multiple, competing priorities simultaneously and while maintaining a sharp focus on details.
The Field Organizer will report to the Director of Strategic Campaigns, and work with the entire Party team. Salary is $42,000-48,000/year depending on experience, with health care, vision and dental coverage. There are significant opportunities for advancement and statewide campaign leadership for Organizers who show leadership and growth potential in the first 6 months.
The Field Organizer will work on the ground in a specific region in our State, and be responsible for recruiting, training, and developing teams of volunteer activists to engage in direct voter contact to win elections in their region.
Organizers will be responsible for growing the party’s network of supporters and volunteers through various tactics, including regular phone-banking and door-knocking efforts, as well as testing and implementing state-of-the-art organizing technology using peer to peer texting, relationship mapping, and community influencer identification. This is a demanding job and we are looking for passionate, dedicated, skilled, and energetic organizers.
We value experience with campaigns, campus groups or student government, academic or professional achievement, and outstanding verbal, written, listening, and leadership skills, although we’ll consider applicants without previous professional organizing experience.
- Able to effectively design and execute a work plan to meet ambitious goals on a weekly and monthly basis
- Ability to quickly build strong relationships with voters and volunteers, and move them to action
- Ability to inspire activists and volunteers to focus on a common goal and own a common plan
- Ability to work remotely from a main office setting, and be a self-starter
- Ability to problem-solve and independently overcome hurdles to your work
- Willing to work long hours, including nights and weekends
- Effective oral and written communicator, values and fosters open communication, uses and understands the importance of active listening skills.
- A valid driver’s license and regular access to a vehicle
- 1-2 years of labor, political, student, or community organizing experience preferred
- Ability to work as part of a team, commitment to being a strong team player
- Demonstrated commitment to fighting for racial, gender, and economic justice
- Experience working in an environment where diversity based on race, nationality, gender, age, sexual orientation and physical ability is an important value
- Ability to speak a second language desired, especially Spanish
- Values self-improvement, able to accept praise and critical feedback and seeks evaluation.
- Experience with and commitment to working on racial justice issues and / or working in communities of color.
- Strong personal time management skills and the ability to work under pressure.
Our party is committed to building a team of people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, and identities. Women, people of color, immigrants, people with disabilities, LGBTQ people, gender non-conforming people, and people from low-income backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Washington State Democratic Central Committee provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.