Fuse Washington: South King County Campaign Organizer
SOUTH KING COUNTY CAMPAIGN ORGANIZER
5 Month, Full Time, Contract Position
Potential Contract-to-Hire Position
Do you love developing grassroots leaders and building power in communities? Do you want to be on the frontlines of organizing the resistance to Trump in Washington State? Are you passionate about racial equity and ready to work to make it a reality within the progressive community and our state? Are you ready to help progressives win the most important local elections and bring community together to develop and make change?
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to help us make it happen in South King County focused in Federal Way.
Fuse is looking for a Campaign Organizer in South King County to help organize opposition to the Trump Administration’s policies. This is an opportunity to be a part of an ambitious plan to build grassroots power in key areas across the state to rebuild our democracy in the wake of Donald Trump and his administration’s devastating actions against the American people. Your mission will be to build a local council of grassroots leaders to resist Trump in South King County, develop and execute community forums and trainings, and help build local movements that support progressive candidates running for local office.
The Campaign Organizer will play a lead role in implementing Fuse’s racial equity plan by building our organizing program as a strong ally with under-represented communities in South King County. While we are looking for a more experienced organizer for this position, we value talent over experience and are open to developing a less experienced but highly talented person in this role.
This 3 month, full time, contract position is based in South King County and will report to and work closely with the Campaign Director.
- Drive local organizing in South King County with a focus on Federal Way
- Build a local council of grassroots leaders
- Engage volunteer councils in issue and election campaigns to win real changes for their communities and resist Trump’s agenda
- Lead local campaigns and support progressive candidates running for office in South King County
- Work with Fuse communications staff to create relevant communications materials and trainings for organizing campaigns
- Work with the staff and board to develop and implement the plan for integrating Fuse’s racial equity goals into our local organizing work
- Represent Fuse in coalitions as appropriate
- Passion for building power through political organizing and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to organize volunteers into highly functioning teams
- Experience working alongside immigrant communities and/or communities of color
- Ability to work in a fast paced, campaign style work environment
- Innovative, creative, and data-driven
- Excels at working in teams and coalitions
- Community, political, or union organizing experience
- Technology friendly: proficient with Google docs, Microsoft Office, and CRMs such as MyCampaigns
- Knowledge of South King County communities and partners
- Strategic planning skills
- Experience training and managing other organizers
- Flexibility to travel regularly within South King County and occasionally to other parts of the state
Pay range of $3,000-$4,000 per month, depending on experience.
This is a 3 month, full time, contract position that could transition into a full time employment opportunity.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject heading “South King County Campaign Organizer.” We will consider applications as they arrive and no later than Feb. 28th, 2017.
This full-time position will start as soon as possible. Please send all questions regarding this position to Jamie Wheeler, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state’s largest progressive organization – people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kinds of electoral and policy wins that build strong families, a secure middle class, and a better future for our children.
Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues – like defeating an ultra-conservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, electing a progressive majority in the state legislature, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.