Fuse Washington: Senior Organizer for Trump Resistance
SENIOR ORGANZER for Trump Resistance
Do you love supporting grassroots leaders and building power in communities? Do you want to be on the frontlines of organizing the resistance to the Trump agenda in Washington State? Are you passionate about racial equity and ready to work to make it a reality within the progressive community and our state? Are you ready to help progressives win our most important elections and bring community together to develop and make change?
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to help make it happen in King County and across Washington State.
Fuse is looking for an organizer based in King County to help organize opposition to the Trump administration’s policies. This is an opportunity to be a part of an ambitious plan to build grassroots power in key areas across the state to rebuild our democracy in the wake of President Trump and his administration’s devastating actions against the American people. Your mission will be to build and support a network of activists and groups, develop and execute community forums and trainings, and help support progressive candidates running for office. The position has two main areas of responsibility – supporting local groups in targeted areas around the state, and leading a local organizing program in south King County.
- Support local groups and help coordinate a statewide strategy to resist the Trump agenda in Washington state
- Organize actions aimed at slowing, stopping, and mitigating the Trump agenda on health care, immigration, the environment, and other issues
- Organize grassroots training workshops with activists across Washington state on organizing, communications, and political strategy
- Engage volunteers in issue and election campaigns to win real changes for their communities and resist Trump’s agenda
- Work with Fuse communications staff to create relevant communications materials and trainings for organizing campaigns
- Drive a local organizing project and develop local grassroots leaders in South King County, with a focus on Federal Way
- Lead local campaigns and support progressive candidates running for office in South King County
- Work with the staff and board to develop and implement the plan for integrating Fuse’s racial equity goals into our local organizing work
- Represent Fuse in coalitions as appropriate
- Passion for building power through political organizing and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to organize volunteers into highly functioning teams
- Experience working alongside immigrant communities and/or communities of color
- Ability to work in a fast paced, campaign style work environment
- Innovative, creative, and data-driven
- Excels at working in teams and coalitions
- Two years or more of community, political, or union organizing experience
- Experience leading trainings and facilitating workshops
- Technology friendly: proficient with Google docs, Microsoft Office, and CRMs such as MyCampaigns
- Experience with online organizing strategies and platforms
- Experience working with progressive groups in Washington.
- Strategic planning skills
- Experience training and managing other organizers
- Flexibility to travel regularly within King County and occasionally to other parts of the state
Competitive salary range of $45,000-$50,000, depending on experience. Fuse offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a retirement package with employer match and generous paid vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject heading “Senior Organizer.” We will consider applications as they arrive and no later than April 23rd, 2017.
This full-time position will start as soon as possible. Please send all questions regarding this position to Jamie Wheeler, Jamie@fusewashington.org. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state’s largest progressive organization – people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kinds of electoral and policy wins that build strong families, a secure middle class, and a better future for our children.
Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues – like defeating an ultra-conservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, electing a progressive majority in the state legislature, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.