Fuse Washington: Pierce County Organizer
Fuse Washington: Pierce County Organizer
Do you love developing grassroots leaders and building power in communities? Do you want to be on the frontlines of organizing the resistance to Trump in Washington State? Are you passionate about racial equity and ready to work to make it a reality within the progressive community and our state? Are you ready to help progressives win the most important local elections?
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to help us make it happen in Pierce County.
Fuse is hiring an organizer in Pierce County to take our organizing work to the next level. This is an opportunity to be a part of an ambitious plan to build grassroots power in key areas across the state to rebuild our democracy and reclaim the debate around the role of government and taxes. Your mission will be to build a local council of grassroots leaders to resist Trump in Pierce County, lead local efforts for the All in For Washington campaign aimed at cleaning up our tax code, and help progressives win back key local offices.
The Pierce County Organizer will play a lead role in implementing Fuse’s racial equity plan by building our organizing program as a strong ally with under-represented communities in Pierce County. While we are looking for a more experienced organizer for this position, we value talent over experience and are open to developing a less experienced but highly talented person in this role.
This full-time position is based in Pierce County.
- Drive local organizing in Pierce County
- Build a local council of grassroots leaders
- Engage volunteers in issue and election campaigns to win real changes for their communities and resist Trump’s agenda
- Lead local campaigns and support progressive candidates running for office in Pierce County
- Work with Fuse communications staff to create relevant communications materials and trainings for organizing campaigns
- Engage local councils in Fuse’s endorsement process for candidates and ballot measures
- Work with the staff and board to develop and implement the plan for integrating Fuse’s racial equity goals into our local organizing work
- Represent Fuse in coalitions as appropriate
- Passion for building power through political organizing and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to organize volunteers into highly functioning teams
- Experience working alongside immigrant communities and/or communities of color
- Ability to work in a fast paced, campaign style work environment
- Innovative, creative, and data-driven
- Excels at working in teams and coalitions
- One year or more of community, political, or union organizing experience
- Technology friendly: proficient with Google docs, Microsoft Office, and CRMs such as MyCampaigns
- Knowledge of Pierce County communities and partners
- Strategic planning skills
- Experience training and managing other organizers
- Lives in or is willing to live in Pierce County
- Flexibility to travel regularly within Pierce and King County and occasionally to other parts of the state
Competitive salary range of $42,000-$50,000, depending on experience. Fuse offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a retirement package with employer match and generous paid vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject heading “Pierce County Organizer.” We will consider applications as they arrive and no later than April 28, 2017.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state’s largest progressive organization – people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kinds of electoral and policy wins that build strong families, a secure middle class, and a better future for our children.
Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues – like defeating an ultra-conservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, electing a progressive majority in the state legislature, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.