Fuse Washington: Organizing Director
Do you love supporting grassroots leaders and building power in communities? Do you want to be on the frontlines of organizing for progress in Washington State? Are you passionate about racial equity and ready to work to make it a reality within the progressive community and our state? Are you ready to help progressives win our most important elections and bring communities together to develop and make change?
We are looking for a multi-talented individual to lead and manage our most important organizing projects and campaigns across Washington State. This is an opportunity to be a part of an ambitious plan turn our state around and help turn our country around.
Fuse is looking for an Organizing Director dedicated to developing and driving an organizing strategy designed to add more people to the most important campaigns and strategically build power for progressive causes.
This is an opportunity help lead an ambitious program to build grassroots power in key areas across the state and to rebuild our democracy in the wake of President Trump and his administration’s devastating actions against the American people. Your mission is to manage an organizing program designed to build power in critical places and mobilize people for critical causes ranging from making our tax system more progressive to voting justice to fighting climate change.
- Manage our talented team of organizers and provide direction on their campaigns and strategies
- Drive local organizing projects to develop and mobilize local grassroots leaders in south and east King County
- Help coordinate a statewide strategy to resist the Trump agenda and generate progress in Washington State
- Help organize actions aimed at slowing, stopping, and mitigating the Trump agenda on health care, immigration, the environment, and other issues
- Support local groups working to resist the Trump agenda
- Engage volunteers in issue and election campaigns to win real changes for their communities
- Work with Fuse communications staff to create relevant communications materials for organizing campaigns
- Ensure our local organizing supports and reflects Fuse’s racial equity goals
- Represent Fuse in coalitions as appropriate
- 5 years or more of community, political, or union organizing experience
- Passion for building power through political organizing and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to organize volunteers into highly functioning teams
- Significant experience managing and training other organizers
- Significant experience working alongside communities of color and/or immigrant communities
- Ability to work in a fast paced, campaign style work environment
- Innovative, creative, and data-driven
- Excels at working in teams and coalitions
- Flexibility to travel regularly within King County and occasionally to other parts of the state
- Strategic planning skills
- Technology friendly: proficient with Google docs, Microsoft Office, and CRMs such as MyCampaigns
- Experience leading trainings and facilitating workshops
COMPENSATION AND TITLE
The title for this position is Fuse Organizing Director.
Salary ranges from $53,000 - $63,000 dependent on experience.
Fuse offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a retirement package with employer match and generous paid vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject heading “Organizing Director.” We will consider applications as they arrive and no later than December 31, 2017.
This full-time position will start as soon as possible. Please send all questions regarding this position to Jamielyn Wheeler, Jamielyn@FuseWashington.org. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state’s largest progressive organization – people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kinds of electoral and policy wins that build strong families, a secure middle class, and a better future for our children.
Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues – like defeating an ultra-conservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, electing a progressive majority in the state legislature, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.