Fuse Washington: Development Associate
Do you think Washington should lead the nation with smart, progressive policies that build a just society and an economy that works for all of us? Do you want to help build a political climate that supports and demands bold progressive leadership?
So do we – and we are looking for a talented and ambitious Development Associate to help us make it happen!
Fuse is hiring a Development Associate to help strengthen and grow our organization, and to support innovative election and issue campaigns aimed at engaging more people in our democracy and advancing progressive change in Washington. The Development Associate is a critical position in our fundraising program that helps make our strategic organizing and communications campaigns possible.
The Development Associate will be responsible for assisting in the overall operations of the development department at Fuse. This includes assisting with grant and donor management, fundraising, event planning, marketing, and communications to donors. Applicants should be ambitious, innovative, and have passion for results. The goal of this position is to strengthen and grow our programs to build a more progressive political landscape in Washington State.
- Plan and execute fundraising and donor stewardship events
- Support strategies to steward and retain donors through personal phone calls and emails
- Maintain database, tracking, and acknowledgement systems
- Help research prospective funders and donors
- Work with development and program staff to expand foundation/grant funding
- Help organize donors as a persuasive lobbying force and source of support for targeted campaigns
- Support organizational development strategies, including advancing Fuse’s racial equity goals
- Provide administrative support for fundraising operations
- Excellent listening and people skills
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Excellent phone communications skills
- Experience building long-term relationships with volunteers or donors
- Experience managing a database or CRMs
- Fundraising experience a plus
- Experience working in nonprofits or on issue or electoral campaigns a plus
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive self-starter, motivated by goals and eager to produce excellent results
- Thrives in a fast-paced campaign-style work environment, able to work gracefully under pressure, and successfully balance and meet deadlines
- Personal passion for undoing institutional racism and advancing social, environmental, and economic justice
- Ambitious about making positive change in the world, building a stronger progressive movement, and a more representative democracy
- Good sense of humor
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is $40,000-45,000, depending on experience. We provide excellent benefits including medical, dental, and vision coverage, company-matched retirement savings, ORCA transit pass, generous vacation time, and a flexible work environment with opportunities for professional development. Fuse has a strong team environment with great coworkers and a vibrant organizational culture.
HOW TO APPLY
If this sounds like the job for you, please email a cover letter, resume, and three references to email@example.com with the subject heading “Development Associate.” This position will be open until filled. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. However, applications submitted by August 31 will be given priority consideration
Please send all questions regarding this position to Lauren Currin, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state's largest progressive organization - people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kind of electoral and policy wins that build a just society, an economy that works for all of us, and a better world for the next generation. Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues - like defeating an ultraconservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.
We focus on four basic strategies to achieve our goals: 1) adding more people to the most important progressive campaigns, 2) helping progressives tell their stories more effectively, 3) increasing accountability and promoting leadership with elected officials, and 4) strategically targeting the obstacles to progress.