Fuse Washington: CD 8 Organizer (Wenatchee & Ellensburg)
Do you love harnessing grassroots power to elect progressive champions? Do you love supporting activists to build power in communities? Do you want to be on the frontlines of organizing the resistance against Trump’s agenda in Washington State? Are you passionate about racial equity and ready to work to make it a reality within the progressive community and our state? Are you excited about using innovative strategies to elect a progressive in the 8th Congressional District this year?
We are looking for a multi-talented campaign & community organizer to help make it happen in the eastern portion of the 8th CD (Wenatchee and Ellensburg specifically).
Fuse is looking for an organizer based in Wenatchee or Ellensburg to organize volunteer leaders into a grassroots army that can register and turn out voters in the New American Majority. This is an opportunity to be a part of an ambitious plan to build grassroots power in a key Congressional swing district of WA in order to elect a progressive. Your mission will be to register and turn out voters of the Rising American Electorate by empowering self-organized Resistance groups to take action. The position has three main fields of responsibility: registering voters in the eastern part of the district, getting out the vote, and supporting local resistance groups like Indivisible.
- Meet a weekly voter registration goal through individual registration efforts and by organizing volunteer registration days
- Lay the groundwork for voter registration at Central Washington University and the community colleges in the area
- Consult and support self-organized resistance groups like Indivisible in their grassroots efforts to build the base in Central WA
- Monitor Dino Rossi’s campaign in the eastern part of the district and organize creative accountability actions as appropriate.
- Assess options for building bridges into geographic areas with concentrations of our targeted voters and potential voters
- Organize and support GOTV programs closer to the election
- Use Spanish language skills to build relationships and organize in partnership with the Latinx community of Central Washington
- Represent Fuse in the community as appropriate
- 2-3 years of advanced community and campaign organizing experience; campus organizing or voter registration experience a plus
- Resident of or willing to move to Wenatchee, Ellensburg or the surrounding areas of Central WA
- Preference given to someone who has worked in communities of color and/or in rural Washington
- Spanish language skills preferred
- Passion for building power through political organizing and leadership development
- Demonstrated ability to organize volunteers into highly functioning teams
- Self-starter who’s able to work in a fast paced, campaign style work environment with remote management
- Extraordinary people skills
- Innovative, creative, and data-driven
- Excels at working in teams and coalitions
- 2-3 years or more of community, political, or union organizing experience
- Experience leading trainings and facilitating workshops
- Technology friendly: proficient with Google docs, Microsoft Office, and CRMs such as MyCampaign
- Experience with online organizing strategies and platforms
- Experience working with progressive groups in Washington
- Strategic planning skills
- Experience training and managing other organizers
- Flexibility to travel within the district
- Ability to stay organized, balance competing priorities and get work done on a tight deadline with minimal management
Salary $45-50K. Fuse offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a retirement package with employer match and generous paid vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to email@example.com with the subject heading “8th CD Organizer - Central WA.” We will consider applications as they arrive and no later than February 15, 2018.
This full-time position will start as soon as possible. Please send all questions regarding this position to Morgan Steele, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please no phone calls or drop-in visits.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender or intersex are particularly urged to apply. Fuse Washington will provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities on request.
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state’s largest progressive organization – people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kinds of electoral and policy wins that build strong families, a secure middle class, and a better future for our children.
Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues – like defeating an ultra-conservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, electing a progressive majority in the state legislature, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.