Fuse Washington: Bookkeeper & Operations Manager
Do you think Washington should lead the nation with smart, progressive policies that build strong families, a thriving middle class, and a better future for our kids? Do you want a political climate that supports bold progressive leadership and demands accountability?
Fuse is hiring a half time Bookkeeper and Operations Manager to support our team. The successful candidate will be able to manage complex finances and office operations in a fast-paced campaign style environment.
The Bookkeeper and Operations Manager is responsible for the day-to-day financial activity and general operations of the organization. This includes general bookkeeping, office administration, and human resources. The bookkeeping and compliance functions are the priority responsibilities of this position. The Bookkeeper and Operations Manager will report to the Development Director and work directly with our CPA and Executive Director as needed. This is a half-time position with the potential for additional hours over time.
- Accounts receivable and accounts payable, bank deposits and check printing
- Payroll processing and payroll tax filings and payments (IRS, ESD, L&I, DOR)
- Corporate and charity renewals and licensing, property tax filings
- SIMPLE IRA employee deferrals and employer matching
- Staff reimbursements
- Campaign finance compliance support, including tracking all reportable staff time and expenses
- Assists with IRS form filings (990, 1099 etc.)
Operations and Human Resources
- Benefits management (Insurance, transit, retirement)
- Office access management (Building and office keys, etc.)
- Monitoring of Fuse general e-mail account and voicemail
- Miscellaneous administrative assignments
- New employee and contractor enrollment/termination paperwork
- New employee and contractor training on reimbursements, timesheets, and other financial and operational issues
- Scheduling assistance, as needed
QUALIFICATIONS & ATTRIBUTES:
- Bookkeeping experience, including Quickbooks
- Experience working with/for non-profit organizations
- Experience working with multiple related entities
- Detail oriented and comfortable managing multiple projects at once
- Ability to problem solve and think critically
- Team oriented with a good sense of humor
- Experience with 501c3/501c4/PAC organization model
- Experience with state and local campaign finance reporting
Compensation is dependent on experience. For this half-time position, the compensation range is between $19-23/hr.
Fuse offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, as well as a retirement package with employer match and generous paid vacation and sick time.
HOW TO APPLY:
Send a resume, cover letter, and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Bookkeeper and Operations Manager.” We will consider applications on a rolling basis. The priority application deadline is March 16, 2018.
This half-time position will start as soon as possible. Please send all questions regarding this position to Lauren Currin at email@example.com. Please no phone calls.
Fuse Washington is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. All interested individuals, including people of color, women, persons with disabilities and persons who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or intersex are particularly urged to apply.
Fuse Washington (www.fusewashington.org) is the state’s largest progressive organization – people creating change online, on the ground, and on issues that matter. Our goal is to make sure progressives win more often. We want the kinds of electoral and policy wins that build strong families, a thriving middle class, and a better future for our children.
Our work makes it possible to win important campaigns on critical issues – like defeating an ultra-conservative, homophobic, anti-environmental State Supreme Court Justice, electing a progressive majority in the state legislature, extending light rail to the Eastside, or closing a tax loophole for Wall Street Banks instead of cutting basic health care for children.