Community Center for Education Results: Director of Communications Strategy
Community Center for Education Results Job Posting: Director of Communications Strategy
The Community Center for Education Results (CCER) is seeking a full-time Director of Communications Strategy with a successful track record in developing and implementing communication strategies using a variety of communication methods. CCER staffs and supports the Road Map Project, a regional collective impact initiative aimed at supporting dramatic improvement in student achievement — cradle through college and career — in South Seattle and South King County.
This is a unique position for someone who has significant strategic communications experience to work with a small, highly collaborative team on a variety of initiatives including annual reports, advocacy campaigns and website development. A successful candidate will have experience in managing media relationships, assisting in crafting strong and persuasive messaging, particularly about complex topics, project management and partner relationship-building. Experience should include creating communication strategies for racially and linguistically diverse audiences, and developing communications that focus on racial equity and social justice. This position is ideal for someone who excels at working with a team to strategize and develop work plans in a fast-moving environment, while integrating community input to guide the work. Candidates should be prepared to discuss specific examples of campaigns or experiences demonstrating the required skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to racial equity and social justice
• Track record of successful senior-level strategic communications experience, including planning and strategy development, message development, digital communications and media relations
• Action-oriented self-starter who works well independently and in teams
• Excellent team management, project management and time management skills
• Proven ability for clear and persuasive writing and presenting
• Experience facilitating communication partnerships with community-based organizations, education systems and a myriad of partners
• Creativity and imagination in how to effectively frame ideas, develop stories and synthesize complex policy issues in a way that catalyzes system change, appeals to the news media and to a wide diversity variety of community audiences
• Ability to work in a flexible environment where there is a sense of shared leadership and responsibility
• Knowledge of education issues from early learning through higher education
• Political savviness with campaign-type experience, including experience developing communication plans for advocacy purposes
• Bilingual or multilingual
For more information on CCER and the Road Map Project: http://www.roadmapproject.org/
Pay: Salary for this position will be competitive commensurate with experience, a range will be discussed in the first round of interviews. Excellent benefit package, including health, vision and dental. CCER is an equal opportunity employer.
Close Date: Preferred application deadline is December 30, 2016, but position is open until filled. To Apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and two work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include Director of Communications Strategy Application in the subject of the email.