Columbia Legal Services: Systems Administrator Seattle
Columbia Legal Services: Systems Administrator Seattle
For many years, Columbia Legal Services has represented some of the most marginalized people in our community. We use every legal tool available on their behalf. Our role to serve people and use advocacy that might otherwise not be available makes our work an integral part of the Washington Alliance for Equal Justice. Our vision of justice is when people have the necessary tools and opportunity to achieve social and economic justice, a more equitable and inclusive society is possible. Through large-scale litigation, policy reform, and innovative partnerships, our lawyers and staff work in furtherance of our mission. The ideal candidate for any position at Columbia Legal Services will be able to articulate their role in the achievement of that vision.
Columbia Legal Services seeks a Systems Administrator responsible for providing technical support and administering, updating, and maintaining technology resources. The Systems Administrator oversees the smooth operation, security, and improvement of the technology infrastructure for our statewide legal services organization that operates in five locations. The Systems Administrator is responsible responding to end-user requests, maintaining stability, and providing superior customer service while providing a seamless technology experience for our staff. The position is full-time and based in our Seattle office. Responsibilities include:
- Oversee and provide technical support to local and non-local end-users.
- Troubleshoot and provide direct technical support for all hardware, software, server, network, peripherals, printers, AV and videoconferencing equipment, and desktop/application issues.
- Set up all new hardware and software and train new users; conduct regular staff trainings in new and current technologies.
- Manage server performance and storage resources, backups, and Active Directory.
- Select new technologies and regularly evaluate existing ones in the enterprise.
- Select and supervise contractors as needed for IT projects and upgrades, and communicate with external support resources when needed.
- Maintain system documentation, inventory and internal knowledge base.
- Ensure data security within the enterprise and wherever collocated to highest achievable level.
- Implement and oversee policies and procedures relating to information technology, data management, disaster recovery, infrastructure planning, budgeting and purchasing
- Two years of relevant, applicable experience in an IT support environment.
- Strong written and oral and communications skills, advanced analytical troubleshooting skills, and the ability to simultaneously manage and troubleshoot a variety of issues under pressure.
- Ability to work well within a team, and independently, and to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel to statewide offices throughout the year and to work flexible hours (after-hours and weekends) when needed.
- Cultural competence and experience working with low-income client communities.
- Lifting and moving equipment is an essential function of this position.
- Experience supporting and advising litigation teams, working for legal or nonprofit organizations, web design, formal education (Bachelor’s Degree or Microsoft Certifications), or Spanish language skills a plus.
This position involves several expertise areas. While it is not expected that the candidate selected will have mastery over every area, the ideal candidate will demonstrate previous direct experience or an outstanding aptitude for acquiring new skills and addressing complex challenges. Knowledge or expertise in the following areas is preferred:
- Windows Active Directory networks and Group Policy
- Windows Server and Desktop Operating Systems, and MS Office Suite
- Exchange Online/Office 365 administration (Sharepoint and Skype for business a must)
- Firewall and network security
- Virtualization (Hyper-V)
- Policy-based antivirus (McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator)
- VOIP phone systems (ShoreTel, Mitel)
- Data backup (Symantec BackupExec, MozyPro)
- Experience with help desk ticking systems (Spiceworks)
This is a full-time (35 regular hours; after hours, weekends when needed), salaried position and includes paid medical, dental, and vision benefits. CLS offers a generous paid time off package with holiday, sick, and vacation leave. Salary ranges between $50-55,000.
Position is open until filled. If e-mailed, please make Systems Administrator your subject line. Please send your letter of interest and resume to:
Director of Program Administration Columbia Legal Services
101 Yesler Way, Suite 300
Seattle, WA 98104 firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbia Legal Services is committed to a policy of pluralism and equal opportunity in an environment free of barriers and discriminatory practices for its client communities, Board and staff. Pluralism refers to the active promotion of mutual respect, acceptance, teamwork and productivity among people who are diverse in work background, experience, education, race, color, national origin, sex, age, religious preference, marital status, sexual orientation, sensory, mental and physical abilities, veteran status, or any other perceived differences. The resulting diversity is both a source of program strength and a matter of fundamental human fairness. If you need a reasonable accommodation for the application process, contact Amanda Buse at 206-464-1122 or email@example.com.