All in for Action: Campaign Manager
All In For Action: Campaign Manager
We are looking for a motivated, experienced and talented individual to serve as the Campaign Manager for All In For Action, a diverse coalition of human services, education, and labor organizations. We need someone who is willing to work hard and manage a statewide coalition effort during the 2017 state legislative session to clean up the tax code so that all communities in Washington thrive.
This is a short-term contract designed to last from mid-January to June 2017.
Campaign Manager responsibilities
As Campaign Manager, you will work with the coalition, other campaign staff and consultants, and steering committee members to develop and implement a comprehensive strategy to influence the outcome of the state legislative session and support proposals to clean up the tax code and support investments in kids and thriving communities.
Specifically, you will:
- Develop and implement a campaign plan. Working with coalition members, campaign staff and consultants, the Campaign Manager will develop and implement a statewide plan including field and communications aimed at communicating with activists and legislators to secure their support for efforts to clean up Washington’s tax code during this legislative session.
- Engage All In For Action coalition members throughout session. The Campaign Manager will be responsible for working with member organization to develop organizing plans and coordinating on a daily basis with staff of various member organizations on participation in coalition events and activities, including lobby days and in-district meetings. The Manager will also work to expand the coalition.
- Hire and manage a campaign team. The Campaign Manager will be responsible for hiring and managing 2-3 contract Field Organizers who will implement the field plan in assigned areas and possibly other positions as needed.
- Develop communications content. Develop materials such as action alerts and press releases for use by coalition members.
Most of all we are looking for someone who wants to work hard to make a difference. In addition, this position requires the following:
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a large coalition
- Experience working on advocacy or electoral campaigns
- Outstanding verbal, written and leadership skills
- Ability to work well and creatively under tight timelines, in a team environment and independently
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and meet established deadlines
- Attention to detail and ability to manage large quantities of information quickly and accurately
- Good judgment, ability to manage sensitive political situations, and highly personable
We’re looking for someone who is willing to go the extra mile to make the difference and this position may require evening and weekend work. The position is based in Seattle and runs through the end of the 2017 legislative session or June of 2017. Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line “All In For Action Campaign Manager.” Applicants will be considered on a rolling basis and no later than 1/13/17.