Access for All: Field Director for County Initiative
FIELD DIRECTOR FOR COUNTY INITIATIVE
Access for All: Investing in Arts, Science and Heritage Education and Equity
LOCATION: Seattle, WA
CONTACT: Resumes should be submitted to email@example.com
ABOUT ACCESS FOR ALL
Our coalition of nearly 400 arts institutions, science centers, museum and heritage organizations believes that access to diverse scientific and artistic experiences shouldn’t be reserved for just those who can afford it.
Access for All is a proposed King County ballot measure for the August 1, 2017 primary ballot. The Access for All program will open doors to arts, science and heritage experiences for all King County residents, increasing access to learning and culture for students, low-income families, communities of color, seniors and people with disabilities. It includes a dramatic increase in funding to bring arts, science, and heritage education into our county’s public schools, as well as provide students with free access to curriculum-related arts, science, and heritage programs — with an emphasis on underserved communities.
By boosting funding for nearly 400 regional and community-based organizations throughout the county, Access for All will create a thriving community where our county’s educational and cultural institutions will be able to provide more services to underserved communities.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The Field Director would be primarily responsible for executing a countywide volunteer voter contact strategy in support of the August ballot measure, as well as coordination volunteers and other assets among our supporting institutions.
The Field Director will be responsible for growing the campaign's network of supporters by attending community meetings, organizing events and coordinating with campaign partners. The FD will be expected to work closely with the Campaign Manager to engage partners and endorsing organizations in volunteer opportunities.
The campaign will also hire field organizers to support the campaign’s field work. The Field Director will also design and implement a GOTV plan.
Additionally, the Field Director will:
- Produce materials and plans that align with campaign messaging and goals.
- Manage and hire a team of field organizers and possibly interns.
- Design and execute field trainings for first-time campaign volunteers from arts, science and heritage organizations.
- Support the general campaign effort by participating directly in the execution of our voter contact strategy at the door and on the phone, as well as among memberships of supporting organizations.
- Support the field program, including data management, volunteers recruitment and retention, and administrative duties.
- Assist the Campaign Manager/communications team in organizing earned media events and driving turnout.
The Field Director will be expected to work evenings and weekends throughout the campaign.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
The Field Director should have the following:
- Previous campaign experience
- Track record of managing staff/volunteers
- Ability to motivate and train staff, volunteers, and staff at supporting organizations
- Ability to execute on weekly goals under intense pressure
- Demonstrated history in managing partners and stakeholders
- Excellent instincts and good judgment
- Fluency in field tools like VAN and Google Drive
- Attention to detail regarding metrics
- Collaborative and team-oriented work ethic
- Proven ability to deliver on time-sensitive goals
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license
Salary is $4,500 a month, with reimbursement for parking and other daily expenses. If interested, send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org. This position will remain open until filled and last through August 2017.